(a 16th century ridding of the great wood.)
This field is known as Bloody Mead, local legend cites this as a battlefield in Roman times.
Close to Roman main road and nearby settlements, located just north of Abridge.
(just within Theydon Bois parish bounds.)
Last Lambourne field to be farmed as strips (medieval crop rotation system).
In September 1941 was home under canvas to flight 49, airbourne unit of the SOE.
(located just north of the airfield.)
Area on the north bank of the River Roding recently saved from large scale development.
Arnolds (Arneways) farm in the distance. Site of a ducking stool and gallows in medieval times.
(looking southeast over proposed development site.)
One of the original manor houses of Lambourne.
Farmed by the Eliot family for the greater part of the 19th century.
The ancient name of this field was Mynchynlands, the modern name is Mincings.
(View of the footpath from Patch Park to the church.)
(earliest reference circa 1300 A.D.)